Saturday, February 6, 2021

New Beginnings

I went to blogger.com to create this blog and discovered that I was already logged in because my old blogger account was absorbed into my google account.  The last time I blogged was in 2015. Blogging used to be how I kept friends and family up to date. Then Facebook came along and blogging slowly faded away.  And now here I am blogging again, but my great aunt Carol in Georgia will not be reading it. 

The first week of class is coming to a close.  I can tell that I’m going to really have to carve out a solid schedule to make this class work around my schedule. For example, we’re supposed to watch three hours of LinkedIn Learning videos per week.  But watching three hours really takes 6 hours if you are following along in InDesign and attempting to do what the video shows.  I’m lucky that I can watch the videos on my iPad so I don’t have to toggle between windows on my laptop, but I still have to continually pause the video so I can find the tools on my screen and attempt to follow what the instructor is doing.  

The Quick Start Guide by Kladi was definitely fast paced.  She was talking a mile a minute and there were several times when I had to back up and rewatch because I didn’t see what she did. The course by David Blatner is much better. I like being able to access the files he was demonstrating on so I could follow along.  I feel like I have a good grasp of creating new documents in inDesign and the various parameters that you can change when creating that document.  I also learned how to create text frames and image frames and how to place text and images.  I have made many a flyer in Photoshop, so I can definitely see how inDesign is far superior for page layouts.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Learning

This morning I saw that I had received incompletes for not responding to any of my classmates discussion responses, and a teacher comment sa...