Saturday, February 20, 2021

Fonts and Frustrations

On Monday I checked in to see what was going to be going on for class this week. My professor normally puts up the module for the week on Monday afternoon.  When I logged in to Canvas, I saw that she had posted an announcement telling us that Monday was a holiday. She would still have her zoom, but otherwise to enjoy our time off.  When no module was posted on Monday afternoon, I assumed there was not going to be any class for the week.  

Today I opened up canvas to look up the directions for an assignment for a different class and noticed that I had two assignments for THIS class due tomorrow.  It's not a big deal. I have time to get it all done, even though I'm late doing the discussion. However, I really wish professors would be considerate and let their class know when they are going to post the module on a day other than the usual day. 

So today I learned I should never assume that there is no class for the week.  

Catching up on all of the lecture/videos in module 3 today, I learned about accessing the many fonts Adobe has to offer.  I was confused by all of the references to TypeKit.  I kept searching and trying to figure out how to access this marvel, only to discover that it's not TypeKit anymore; it's Adobe Fonts. Lo and behold,  I have already learned how to access Adobe Fonts when I was following along in one of the LinkeInLearning videos.

My favorite thing was watching the Terry White video called "InDesign Special Effects".  I enjoyed learning about making type into and outline and combining it with other frames to create really interesting effects.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Learning

This morning I saw that I had received incompletes for not responding to any of my classmates discussion responses, and a teacher comment sa...