Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Online Learning

This morning I saw that I had received incompletes for not responding to any of my classmates discussion responses, and a teacher comment saying I could do the responses and she would update my grade. I don't understand why I didn't just get partial credit. Why is it all or nothing? I honestly would have preferred to just get a lower grade than no grade at all. But instead, I spent at least an hour going through and responding to three different responses on each of the two discussions so I could get a grade.

I am someone who likes to get my work done and not have to worry about it at the last minute. With multiple classes, four kids, work, and all of my responsibilities outside of my classes, I can't really afford to procrastinate.  That's where the standard online class set up fails me.  There must be some kind of standards about student interaction because all of my classes want me to participate in discussions and respond to classmates. It feels so forced and not at all helpful in meeting my goals in the classes I'm taking. On top of that, most of my classmates are not very quick to participate in the discussions. So I am left to keep checking back to see if anyone has posted so I can finally respond to someone else.  

In other news, I started laying out my photo book. I created a wire frame, which is not something I've ever done before. I will end up having to go back and switch it up a bit once I have finalized which pictures I will be using in my book. But I have created some basic page layouts that can be used for various situations. Progress!

Sleep update: I have managed to get some sleep, but the sleep deficit is real.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Learning

This morning I saw that I had received incompletes for not responding to any of my classmates discussion responses, and a teacher comment sa...